Collablogging

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Knowledge is precious!

Hey all!

I missed collablogging! I was in the University of Geneva for the past 5 days so I could not write... I loved the city and I had the best time there with my PhD supervisor (Dimitri), his wife (Murielle) and my friend Kate! I mainly went there to talk to Dimitri and to do a seminar, but what I really enjoy (I must confess) was wandering around the beautiful streets of the city (all decorated for X-mas) and eating a delicious cheese fondue followed by a buffet of desserts, all in great company. Uau!!!

Anyway, I am actually here tonight to report an almost disastrous experience... Today, I understood a bit how organization managers must feel when they loose an important piece of knowledge (because an expert employee no longer works there, or due to a malfunction in a knowledge repository). I was coming back from my trip and when I got home, I thought I had forgotten all my annotated papers (only copies!) and my handmade PhD plan in the train... panic!!! Fortunatelly, this feeling did not last for long because I finally found my documents in the bottom of my computer bag... relief...

So, this was just a quick note to remind (even myself in future occasions): always have electronic versions of your plans (possibly with backups), make sure you copy your annotations also in your computer summaries and, of course, when you leave a plane or a train, "please remember to take all your personal belongings." : )

Cheers and good night!
Renata

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home