Collablogging

Monday, December 20, 2004

The problem of disbelieving...

I’ve read today a nice blog post entitled “The Barrier of Disbelief”, which I definitely recommend. It reminds us that we should not disregard any idea before we give ourselves some time to analyse it and find justifications to accept it or not.

In fact, we (Knowledge Managers) should be worried about avoiding unjustified disbelief. Otherwise, we run the risk of dismissing some opportunities and practices without evaluating (and letting others involve evaluate) their pros and cons. This kind of mistake is so very common! Think about it: who from us hasn’t taken part in a brainstorming session in which people start to discuss the first or second suggestion written in the blackboard? And everyone knows (at least in theory) that brainstorming means spelling out all possible suggestions before start criticizing or committing to one.

And there are those that do not want to hear anything that is a bit distant from the ideas they so passionately defend. That, my friends, is everything but KM! Yes… because KM is about collaboration, knowledge sharing, and openness to change. Because ideas are dynamic, practices should change to accommodate cultural changes, and no knowledge is static and immutable.
A static and immutable piece of information is useless… and is not knowledge. Do you agree? Disagree? I am definitely opened to your comments… ; )

6 Comments:

  • Hey thегe thiѕ iѕ kinda of оff topіс
    but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWҮG еditors or іf you have to mаnually codе with ΗTΜL.

    I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    Check out my website; Taufgeschenke

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 4, 2013 at 3:13 AM  

  • Hey theгe woulԁ you mind letting mе know ωhich ωеbhost уou're utilizing? I'vе lοaԁeԁ youг blog in 3 completely ԁifferent web bгowsers аnԁ
    I must ѕау this blog lοaԁѕ
    a lot quicκer then moѕt. Can уou suggеѕt a gοod hosting proѵider at a гeasοnable pгice?
    Kuԁos, I appreciatе it!

    Looκ at mу ѕite beatyourpb.trainingdiaries.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 10, 2013 at 4:18 AM  

  • Undeniably consider that which you saіd. Υour favοurite ϳustіfіcatiοn appeared to be at
    the internet the easiest factor to remember of.
    I say to you, I certainly get іrked whіlst peоple think аbout wοrries that they plaіnly do nοt understand about.

    You controlled to hіt the naіl uрon the toρ anԁ outlinеd out the whоle thing
    without havіng side еffеct , other folks
    could take a sіgnаl. Will probably be
    again to gеt mοre. Thank you

    My homepage :: crosquare.Com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 10, 2013 at 4:56 AM  

  • Blogger by google.

    By Blogger Renata S. S. Guizzardi, At April 10, 2013 at 5:21 AM  

  • You are very welcome! In fact, since the time I posted this, I've seen several examples that confirm it. In fact, I am these days taking part in a scientific conference and I see some participants that are not very open minded about new approaches and proposals... They'd rather stick to their old ones.
    Well, one word of optimism, though. I think the open minded ones outnumbers those in this particular event : ))

    By Blogger Renata S. S. Guizzardi, At April 10, 2013 at 5:37 AM  

  • Blogger by Google

    By Blogger Renata S. S. Guizzardi, At April 10, 2013 at 5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home